MYTH: You can’t get someone pregnant if:
- you have sex standing up;
- the girl is on top;
- you have sex in a hot tub or a swimming pool;
- you jump up and down immediately after sex;
- the girl douches, takes a bath, or urinates immediately after sex;
- it’s your first time;
- you’re both virgins;
- the guy pulls out before he ejaculates or if he doesn’t go all the way in;
- the girl doesn’t have an orgasm;
- the guy and the girl don’t orgasm at the same time;
- the girl pushes really hard on her belly button after sex; or
- the girl makes herself sneeze for fifteen minutes after sex.
REALITY: We’re sure you’ve heard some of these myths before, or maybe some even weirder ones. Forget who you’ve heard them from or how many times you’ve heard them. The truth is, you can get pregnant any time you have sex (unless, of course, you’re already pregnant). Even if you use a condom or another form of birth control, you still have a slim chance of getting pregnant, particularly if used ineffectively. The only 100% way to prevent pregnancy is by abstaining from intercourse and not introducing semen near the vagina. So if you choose to have sex always try and use the double barrier method! Condoms/Dental Dams + Hormonal Birth Control.
Please note: Not every woman has a vagina and not every man has a penis.